QA Manager - 5-14-2019
Posted on Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Responsible for managing the development, administration and maintenance for the company’s Food Safety Programs & Policies; implementation and continuous improvement of food safety focused programs -Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Food Safety and Quality systems.
Position is primarily responsible for food safety program implementation and for maintaining the system and making sure it is effective through the use of verification and validation. Position develops and maintains systems to assure facility meets all internal and external requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals – Pre-requisite Programs. ·
Develop safety program procedures and train employees on all procedures, maintain all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements.·
Document and maintain training registries as required by internal and external parties.· Monitor, verify and validate activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.·
Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.·
Ensures all products are packaged in a safe, quality manner·
Performs daily finished good quality inspections· Performs GMP audits and ensures compliance· Performs internal quality audits and coordinates third party audits·
Implement, maintain, and improve Safety Quality Food program and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
Evaluate food safety concerns in facility and implement programs to eliminate hazards- Develop & implement work aids- Support with tracking and implementing training program- Develop & maintain internal specifications.
• Accountable to ensure documentation is completed on all inspections.
• Accountable to ensure that procedures are implemented on the production floor.
• Accountable to ensure that testing equipment and scales are in good operating condition.
• Accountable to ensure that product tests are conducted according to specified procedures.
• Continuously monitor and conduct audits to ensure management/employees adhere to the existing HACCP program, and current regulatory requirements.
• Thorough understanding and knowledge of the Canadian meat industry
• Minimum 5 years’ experience with QA in a meat processing facility
• Microsoft Office Proficiency
• Experience with meat products procurement and planning
• Skill and experience in reporting and interpretation of risk assessment data
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret legislation related to food business (GMPs, CFIA and HACCP regulations)
Founder/CEO - Range Road Meat Co.