In partership with
A new way approach to cannabis safety and quality systems focused on rapid implementation, true risk focus & valuable “tool kits” to risk optimize use of valuable resources to provide real brand protection.
October 28-29, 2019 in Edmonton - $1150 for AFPA members /$1325 non members
October 30-31, 2019 in Calgary - $1150 for AFPA members / $1325 non members
Download printable program pdf
email@example.com for more information / questions.
Why Choose A New Approach?
- Existing cannabis safety/quality audits are checklist based and poorly designed or adapted from food safety systems – they do not effectively evaluate relevant cannabis risks/controls.
- Most consultants promote a very narrow approach based on limited experience or understanding of cannabis safety/quality systems instead of a comprehensive, risk-based system.ting cannabis safety/quality audits are checklist based and poorly designed or adapted from food safety systems – they do not effectively evaluate relevant cannabis risks/controls.
- Lack of context and poor understanding of risk leads to misdirected money, personnel and time, reducing system effectiveness and incurring brand reputation risk.
How Do We Know The Approach Works?
- Risk optimized cannabis safety and quality management has been tested and proven effective in Canada and internationally.
- Program participants provide testimonials of benefits.
- Small/medium companies appreciate rapid implementation through tool kits & applied, adult learning format.
- Competent, risk-focused gap assessment knowledge.
- The value of adult learning format training for each staff level.
- Realistic goals, specific time frames & customized solutions.
- Effective research to identify potential hazards, risk/control tiers to optimize resources to risk - supply chain and internal.
- Properly validated controls with demonstrable evidence.
- Risk based product specifications.
- Rigorous supplier approval & monitoring.
- Tool kits for consistent food safety system implementation.
- Integrated, effective internal auditing and follow up.
- Better performance in regulatory or customer audits.
- True understanding of competent cannabis safety/quality systems and auditing to differentiate good external audits from inferior ones and how to defend a solid, risk-focused system.
Who Can Benefit:
- Cannabis product manufacturers or distributors who want a toolkit based, truly risk focused safety/quality management system
- Potential internal auditors, certification auditors & consultants
- Training certificates
- Electronic handouts
- Traditional versus risk optimized hazard analysis critical control point
(HACCP) based systems
- Communication & Roles
- True risk assessment of hazards (workshop)
- validation of controls
- GACP/GMP controls - details of regulatory requirments/documents
- Identifying preventive controls (PCs)
- Writing HACCP plans for key control steps (workshop)
- Control limits, monitoring, corrective action - root cause analysis workshop
- task verification
- Internal audit follow up & car closure
- Management Review –System Updating