Food Safety Conference & AGM
June 17, 2019 in Calgary
Seize the oporutnity to network, learn or showcase your company at this event dedicated to excellence in food safety. - Only $175 for the entire day!
Table Top display opportunities available. - ONLY $385 (includes 2 attendees)
8:00 am Exhibitors Setup
8:30 am REGISTRATION, Coffee - Nutrition - Networking
9:00 am AFPA Welcome – Jill Binder – Food Safety Solution (MC)
- Practical Root Cause Analysis for Allergen Management - Allergen labeling errors and allergen management issues cause the largest number of food recalls in North America and the EU. This presentation looks at the nature of the recalls and use of the fishbone diagram to investigate causes of incorrect labelling leading to recall, so that you may apply root cause analysis for permanent, long-term and practical solutions to allergen management issues. Jennifer McCreary, NSF International
- Food safety & traceability software - 97% of all food manufacturers world-wide run on paper and spreadsheet. Deep data analytics will find efficiencies and gaps in existing processes and save you time, money and resources. Provision Analytics alleviates issues across all food product categories through data capture, data integrity and data integration with our software platform, OneTrace™ platform. Provision can immediately apply our user friendly platform to an industry in high demand to provide 5 core benefits: Paperless food safety, compliance & regulatory alignment, Deep traceability, Workflow & process modelling, Security & scalability, Analytics, reporting and insight. Michael Gibbons, co-founder of Provision Analytics will lead this interactive workshop on helping the industry mine data to grow efficiencies. Provision Analytics
- The Gatekeepers of Food Safety - Mary will share new approaches at the intersection of food safety and psychology and how the NC State University Safe Plate’s program’s approaches engaging front-line staff and supervisors not only to employ safe food practices but to support sustained behaviour change. Through reality-based research, Yavelak and colleages investigate behaviors and create interventions aimed at amateur and professional food handlers, managers, and organizational decision-makers – the gatekeepers of safe food. Mary Yavelak, Food Safety Specialist Dept. of Agricultural & Human Sciences North Carolina State University
Lunch AFPA AGM
- Often Overlooked: Existing Sanitation Technologies and Method - Easy-to- implement GMPs that can help to reduce microbial load in the food processing environment. Sani Marc Inc.
- Safe Food For Canadian Regulations – Getting Started. CFIA (if you have specific questions or concerns you would like to ensure they are addressed email them to email@example.com)
- SGS Rethink food safety management - lower your risk: It's time to go back to basic principles on HACCP-based food safety. Ditch the checklists, learn tools/techniques to identify real risks to YOUR organization, establish tiered controls and focus resources to achieve true risk reduction, not just artificial conformity to poorly established, outdated checklist-based food safety schemes. A fresh approach, using advanced, adult learning training, implementation and auditing tool kits.
- SGS Food testing: Agriculture and food are arguably the world’s most important industries. Consumers want assurance of safety and quality at every stage of the process. SGS testing services offers manufacturers, processors, importers and other stakeholders, the ability to mitigate risk by ensuring the quality and reproducibility of their products. Through our network of laboratories you are assured that the products that reach your business partners and consumers meet the mark.
4:45 pm Closing comments